Monday, February 1, 2010

Round 2, FAQ

Just a few quick notes about Round 2. We'll be making 12 blocks this round, one block every week. Some will be very easy (like today's) and some will be more complicated (like next week's).

As you've already seen, in addition to 12.5" blocks, we'll sometimes post alternate sizes. For those who want a more varried look to their sampler quilts, it might be a good idea to work up the blocks in different sizes. Yardage will vary depending on which size blocks you make. I'd estimate no more than 2.5 yards total to make all 12.5" blocks. I didn't keep track last time and I know I ran out of some of my favorite fabrics so you might want to get more than you think you'll need.

If you're making projects, yardage and supplies will vary. I've done my best to come up with 12 different ways to use our blocks and hopefully you'll like at least one of them.

As always, if you're making a sampler quilt or projects or just blocks, please post pictures in the flickr group.

If I've missed anything, please feel free to ask in the comments and I'll update the faq. Thanks!
blog comments powered by Disqus