Friday, February 19, 2010

SuperGirl's Finished Quilt Top

You guys are not going to believe this. I was emailing with Blueberrymoon (who quilted along with us in round 1) and she mentioned that our quilt-along inspired her 12-year-old daughter to make this gorgeous pinwheel quilt top:



Are you as blown away as I am? Apparently, she loved the pinwheel block so much that she just kept going. You can read more about it on her blog here and here.

I'm trying to think about what I was doing at 12 and I'm pretty sure it was nothing as cool as this. I'm beyond thrilled to meet such a young and inspiring quilter. I love how quilting brings so many people together, young and old and in-between...how we all share a common bond, a common history. We may belong to different generations but we all belong to the same family. We are all quilters.

So with that, I say fantastic job, SuperGirl! Thank you for letting us feature your quilt today!
blog comments powered by Disqus